Total hits

About

Monday 27 August 2012

D.I.Y.# 3 Ladder shelves

Hi everyone!
Welcome to my D.I.Y. blog.

While I was searching for ideas to write my blog, I found this picture of ladder shelves. I don't know whether  you guys seen this before, but I thing it's really awesome!!

Make a bookshelf from ladders? Can't imagine right?
I think these ladder shelves are easy to do. First, you must have 2 ladders of course. Second, the splat depend on how many layers you want to have. Third, books to put on, vase, or etc. Make sure that your shelves strong to prevent it from sliding and your bookshelf goes mess. 

In my opinion, the materials are simply and they are easy to find. You can find it at any construction store. There are many sizes of ladder you can choose. If you don't like its aluminum outlook, you can paint. You'd better keep the two sides of the ladder shelves in balance, so they won't collapse. Personally, I like this D.I.Y because it look modern, simple, and new. The aluminum ladders make the whole shelves look hard and inflexible, so it should be in the modern room that decorated in the black and white tones. So, don't put it in the baby room ok? Because your babies will get hurt while trying to climb the ladders.To me, it looks difficult to pick a book from it, so be careful. Also, I don't think it belongs to the bedroom too. It looks hard and at some point it make uncomfortable, so I recommended you not to put it in the bedroom if you don't like a hard furniture. Except putting the books you can also use it as a general shelves. You can put it outside your house to be your bonsai, orchids or other plants. Maybe you can put them in your work room to keep you electronic tools in order.

On another way, you may thing that it would be easier to buy a bookshelf than these ladder shelves. Yes, I think it easier and it cost is absolutely lower. But if you like it style, do it and tell me if it's work. 

Last, I like this D.I.Y. ladder shelves because it's strange compare with ordinary bookshelf, but I think it costs more money than the ordinary one. Also, I think this furniture doesn't fit every room, but you can adapt it to make it looks softer and neater. 

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. It's a good idea from your blog again! It makes me think of the old ladder in my house. I will use it instead of buying new bookshelf. It make me save money. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the post. Because of the blog, you have given me a hint on what to do with those things.
    Aluminium Extension Ladders Perth

    ReplyDelete