Total hits

About

Thursday 2 August 2012

food corner#3 family cooking


Hello everyone(≧∇≦)/

It's me Fern, welcome again to my blog!! Since I have a long holiday this week so I went back to my hometown in Nakhon Sawan. I went to the temple with my family to make a merit and gave food offering to a monk because it was Asarnha Puja Day and Buddhist Lent day which is important for Buddhist. It helps lessen my stress to do good things. Now I'm ready to fight with a tough and rough time of the study again. (^_^;)

Mom and I usually spent time together in our kitchen when we have a holiday. For this time after we went marketing and found that there were a plenty of young tamarind ,mom suddenly had an idea to do young tamarind paste for us.

Here is ingredients

young tamarinds 200 grams
minced pork 100 grams
shrimp paste 3 tbs
garlic 1/4 measuring cup
guinea pepper 20 seeds
sugar 1/4 measuring cup
oil 1/2 measuring cup
fish sauce 2 tbs
++other's recipe may add dried salted prawn too++

preparations
1.mash garlic, young tamarind and guinea pepper throughly with mortar.
2.add shrimp paste, minced pork, stir it together.
3.add oil into the pan, use medium hight heat, put all of ingredients into the pan, fry it until browned and cooked.
4.flavouring with fish sauce and sugar.
5.serve with cucumber or others fresh vegetables.

Finish (^_^)
You can keep the remains in refrigerator for about 1 month. Mom said fried tamarind paste is one method of food preservation by using heat.
In the evening,my family have dinner together at home and everyone in my family love this menu because it is not too spicy and fulled flavour.
For me, young tamarind paste made me asked for more cooked rice. ^^

Nutrient from this menu: young tamarind contains fiber, calcium, phosphorus, iron and vitamin A,B1,B2 , niacin. Rich of vitamin C that prevent you from bleeding gum.


Next menu is prepared by me. It is "steamed egg dressing with fried chopped pork and vegetables" or in Thai we called "kai tun song kreung"

mom choosing eggs
Mom gives the tips of how to choose eggs; use your finger smear on egg's peel,if you feel a bit rough that is a new egg.

Let's prepare ingredients! I'll start with steamed egg's ingredients.
egg 3
chicken stock 1 cup(I use knorr instant chicken stock instead)
light soy sauce 1 tbs
white pepper 1/2 tbs

steamed egg's preparations
1.crack eggs and put in a bowl,stir it well then add chicken stock,stir it gently for no bubble,seasoning with light soy sauce and white pepper.
2.foil it (if you have)then place the bowl in steamer,use medium hight heat for 10-15 minutes and leave it cool.

dressing's ingredients
minced pork 100 grams
diced onion 50 grams
diced chinese mushroom 50 grams
diced tomato 30 grams
chopped garlic 10 grams
tomato sauce 2 tbs
chicken stock 2 tbs
oil 1 tbs
salt 1 tbs
white pepper 1/2 teaspoon
parsley

dressing's preparation
1.heat up the pan then put oil and wait until it hot.
2.put diced garlic fry it until you smell the fragrance then add minced pork,fry it well.
3.put all of vegetables, add tomato sauce, chicken stock.
4.seasoning with white pepper and salt.
5.put it on the top of steamed egg, dressing with parsley.

now it's ready to serve
it looks delicious isn't it?
I experienced 2 of problems from preparing steamed egg.First,I used Knorr instant chicken stock instead of real chicken stock and the result is its color become deep yellow.I think it should come out to be light yellow but luckily the taste is still good.
Second problem is,I didn't use foil,so it made the surface of steamed egg uneven and its texture has a bit heavy and dense because steamed egg is directly exposed to steam.Next time I think I should use foil.
Before saying goodbye, I want to tell you that this is my most favoutite blog since there are 2 blogs previously because this is not only me do cooking but there is my mom who is the advisor. I love the time when we went shopping at the local market together and most of all I also had dinner with my family at home. It really was a good time and I would try another occasion do the family cooking again,may be you will meet the rest member of my family too.
Thank you for following this blog



See you next time BYE!!

2 comments:

  1. Tamarinds ? really ? I've never seen someone uses it in their menu before. What about the taste? Was it bad or good? Anyway, cooking is not my thing. What about the last photo, you photoshoped it right? I don't believe that you can cook!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 55555555 thanks for your opinion.

    ReplyDelete