Total hits

About

Tuesday 17 July 2012

Food Corner #2 pad kana moo dang

Khao Moo Dang or Steamed rice with Red-cooked pork is one of my
favourite menu since I was young because it is delicious, not spicy,and
the most important is, it is a ready meal,you don't have to wait it for longtime.
I usually ate it before going to school because there was a Chinese restaurant in
front of my home, I became a big fan of Khao Moo Dang since then.
Basicly,we often order Khao Moo Dang from Chinese restaurant.

This time I am going to show you how to prepare Pad Ka Na Moo Dang
that I have created it myself. This menu is happened in one day when my mom was
not at home and there is nothing left in the fridge except freezed "Red-cooked
Pork" and "Chinese kale".So,I managed to do cooking for my lunch.


Let's start

-red sauce- actually is the topping of khao moo dang but in this cooking I've prepare it to be the main ingredient of pad kana moo dang, because in the sauce has all of good taste its self but the primary taste is sweet .
-red sauce ingredients-
4 tbsp. light soy sauce
1 cup of pork broth
4 tbsp. brown sugar
1 tbsp. ketchup
1 tbsp. sesame oil
1/4 cuptapioca flour mixed with water

-red sauce instruction-
1. melt the brown sugar and tapioca flour mixed with water,continue heating until all of ingredients mixed well.
2. add sesame oil, ketchup,pork broth and a bit of light soy sauce.

3. stiring it in a medium high heat around 10 minutes and leave it cool.

- red pork- I bought the red cooked pork from the market because it has complicated order to do.


-pad kana moo dang instruction-
1. clean kana very well and peel it skin off, because kana's skin is sticky and thick.

2. cut kana into small pieces.

3. boil kana in a light high heat to make it soft.
4. put red sauce in the pot stir it for a while and put the slices of red pork.
5. put kana into the pot stir it again and light off.



Finish!!


After I tasted it, I give


of 5 star to myself


Because I've put too much sugar on it and it becomes too sweet. -*-

Next time, I should have reduce the quantity of sugar but I think the overall is okay.

For the food appearnce, I think it is quite normal I should have do some decoration

on the plate. So,next time I will do it better I promise!!

Q;How about the nutrition and calories??

A:One plate of white boiled rice give you around 242 calories, you will also get

carbohydrate that give energy to your body.

Red-cooked gives you around 476 calories ,it also gives you protein and vitamin B1 too.

Chinese Kale,is a very rich in vitamin C and gives you just 36 calories.

Total amount of calories from this menu= 754 calories ,which means you can eat

more in this day!! But if you are the one who wants to lose weight,this menu is

quite big for you :D


How many star you would you give to this menu???


xx thanks for following xx



xx See you next meal xx

6 comments:

  1. I'm stunned that you know how to cook!!

    WOWWWWWWW....


    surprisingly !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww! It looks tasty and i wanna have it right now!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks yummy. I usually eat fried kana with crispy pork. I really want to try this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can you cook and bring to class? I am sure everyone will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had edited the contents for three times. Is there still a hope for better score? How pity me T^T

    ReplyDelete